Tunes to Go: 400 Tunes in Lead Sheet Format for the Harp
by Cynthia Shelhart
Tunes to Go was written especially for harpers and harpists who share their music with others. The 400 tunes (nearly all copyright-free) are appropriate for many public venues, such as playing requests in freelance or therapeutic harp settings. And the lead sheet (or “fake book”) format makes it possible to lighten your load… and carry 400 tunes in 1 book!
Of course, Tunes to Go is also a great source of new tunes for any harper or harpist to sight-read, play and/or arrange for their own enjoyment. Tunes in C and 1-2 flats or sharps fit the specifications of many lever and pedal harps, and include many “harp favorites.” The four detailed indexes are designed for quick and easy tune reference.
- 170 Celtic & folk tunes from Australia, Brittany, England, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Scotland, the United States, and Wales. Includes favorites by Robert Burns and Turlough O’Carolan, as well as 4 original tunes by Cynthia Shelhart.
- 42 children’s tunes from Australia, Canada, England, France, The Netherlands, Puerto Rico, and the United States.
- 59 Christmas tunes, well-known selections and new favorites, including 2 original seasonal tunes by Cynthia Shelhart.
- 46 early music & classical music tunes from the Middle Ages, Renaissance, and Baroque, as well as English country dances and favorite opera themes.
- 12 other holiday & patriotic tunes include national anthems of Canada, England, Ireland, Israel, and the United States.
- 71 religious tunes from Christian & Jewish worship traditions, including African-American spirituals and Shaker tunes.
400 tunes in lead sheet format for lever or pedal harp. 290 8.5" x 11" pages; 3-hole punched for use in your own 3-ring binder (binder not included).
Coming soon: sample pages.